I’m waist deep in rejection-infested mud, smack in the middle of literary purgatory. I’ve received two emails recently, one spouting the glory of my craft (requesting more pages) while the other decided I needed to reconstruct over a hundred pages of my novel—or look elsewhere.
After some research, I’ve decided I’m no longer a writer, I’m a masochist in need of a therapist.
1. A person who delights in rejection letters
2. A person who spends hours upon hours staring at a blinking cursor on an empty computer screen
3. A person who is gratified by pain—more commonly known known as author
1. A person who cheers for a writer’s rejection letter (or letters)
2. A person who kills darlings and magnifies dialogue
3. A person who helps with the labor and delivery of novels—more commonly known as a critique group member
Come, join us!